Home > Section Resources > Category Tools
This Category contains information about, and knowledge on, various kinds and types of tools available to CBNRM stakeholders, be it for practical work, analysis or monitoring/evaluation. There is a large number of such tools available. Some tools overlap, and some are, more or less, identical while having different names. Some are general and generic in approach, and some are specific to a particular activity (project), region, issue, and/or ecosystem. Tools can be classified and structured according to these criteria, as well as the societal level on which they operate as well as their scale. A few issues, including forestry and gender, appear to be covered better than other issues.
As this Category develops, such classification and structure will be made. For now, it will do with listing tools, often by means of the specific activity (project) it is used in, and a link to the respective website. Most, if not all, of these sites, includes documents that can be downloaded.
For details on methodologies used in connection with work on CBNRM, see Category Terminology, specifically Groups CBNRM, structural terms and CBNRM, processual terms.
The Category consists of the following Groups:
- Gestion holistique des resources/Holistic resource management: Français | English
- Network analysis (to be implemented)
- Participatory 3-D modeling
- Social analysis (to be implemented)
- Social assessment (to be implemented)
- Social marketing (to be implemented)
- Stakeholder analysis (to be implemented)
- Local agreements
- Some general links to tools and related material
- Participatory Research and Gender Analysis (PRGA). Practitioners of Participatory Research and Gender Analysis. Description: The CGIAR's PRGA program develops and promotes methods and organizational approaches for gender-sensitive participatory research on plant breeding and on the management of crops and natural resources. Email address: Kathryn B. Laing at K.Laing@cgiar.org. Comment(s): ?. URL: www.prgaprogram.org/prga/stake_practi.htm.
- Participatory Management Clearinghouse (PMC). Description: PMC is a joint service of IUCN, the Bureau of the Convention on Wetlands (Ramsar) and WWF. It disseminates information on participatory management of natural resources. Email address: email@example.com. Comment(s): Specific foci are community-based management, collaborative management and indigenous peoples' management. URL: www.iucn.org/themes/pmns/.
- Kemala tools. Description: Practical tools developed as part of USAID/Indonesia's Natural Resource Management Program. Comment(s): This project is described in Category Activities. URL: www.bsp-kemala.or.id/tools.htm.
- The SANREM CRSP: Resources. Description: The SANREM program supports informed decision-making for sustainable use of natural resources through research, training and information exchange. Comment(s): This project is described in Category Activities. URL: ?.
- CBNRM Toolbook Network. Description: ?. Email address: ?. Comment(s): ?. URL: www.ire.ubc.ca/cbnrm/. Download: ?. Comments: See also the following sites: www.click2learn.com/, www.projectcool.com/developer/, www.websitesthatsuck.com/.