Home > Section Members > Category Archive
This Category contains older pages. The material available on this page is moved here from elsewhere on the site. This is done for several reasons: the material may be old or outdated, it may not contain current or up-to-date information, and/or it does not represent the most current thinking on CBNRM Net. The knowledge available here functions, in addition, as an online archive on the development of CBNRM and CBNRM Net.
The Section consists of the following knowledge Items:
- Africa, CD-ROM on CBNRM material. Description: Compact Disc on CBNRM resources for Africa, prepared by ARD, Inc., with funding from USAID. Comments: This Item was prepared in conjunction with CBNRM Net Newsletter no. 12 (August 2001), which features a Focus on "CBNRM and CD-ROM Technology" (see Category Newsletters)
- West Africa, Participatory environmental legislation. Description: This Item documents the process of preparing a panel presenting ongoing activities and initiatives on traditional NRM knowledge, traditional and legal modern codes, and GIS-based registration of natural resources. Contact and email: Lars T. Soeftestad. Comments: Proposal for a panel at the conference of the International Association for the Study of Common Property (IASCP), Zimbabwe, June 2002. Panel title: "West Africa: New approaches to safeguard the environment through empowerment of local people". The proposal was not accepted. Download: (see linked document)
- The role of networks in NRM in Africa. Description: This is a panel for the conference of the International Association for the Study of Common Property (IASCP), Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, 17-21 June 2002. The 4 papers analyse the growing emphasis on various types of networks, largely based on ICTs, to connect stakeholders working on NRM in Africa. Contact and email: Lars T. Soeftestad.
- WSSD 2002: CBNRM events. Description: Contains a list of events at the World Summit on Sustainable Development (Johannesburg, August-September 2002) that address CBNRM. Contact and email: Lars T. Soeftestad. Comments: The list and how it was prepared is discussed in Focus "WEED 2002 and CBNRM" in CBNRM Net Newsletter no. 19 August 2002 (see Category Newsletters)
- Initiative on Promoting Good Forest Governance in Asia and the Pacific. Description: Provides description of the Initiative together with key documents. Period: 2002-2004
- Pan-African Programme on Land and Resource Rights. Description: Aims to articulate a pan-African view on land and resources rights, policies and advocacy, and engage also with stakeholders at the regional and international levels. Period: 2002-2004
- WSSD, Johannesburg 2002: Newsfeed. Description: Offers a free daily overview of news and events related to the World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) in 2002. Period: August-September 2002.