This Page contains general literature pertaining to the society and culture of Mauritania, developmental aspects of the country and the ecosystems in questions, and to the scientific and methodological aspects of the TFT. For documents pertaining specifically to TFT, see Section Output, Page Documents, and Section Resources, Page TFT Documents (cf. also CBNRM Net's Category Documents).
The resources are organized in the following - partly overlapping - categories (see the sidebar, where these subjects are hyperlinked):
- Social science, and
- Mauritania: A country study. 1990. Ed. by Robert E. Handloff. Washington D.C., United States: Federal Research Division, Library of Congress. Comments: The research was completed in December 1987.
- Blench, Roger. 1996. Aspects of resource conflict in semi-arid Africa. ODI Natural Resource Perspectives, no. 15, November 1996. [online] URL: Natural Resource Perspective no. 15.
- Pratt, David Johon, Le Gall, François and de Haan, Cornelis. 1997. Investing in pastoralism. Sustainable natural resource use in arid Africa and the Middle East.. World Bank Technical Paper no. 365. Washington D.C., United States: World Bank.
- Tielkes, Eric, Schlecht, Eva, et Hiernaux, Pierre, Editeurs. 2001. Elevage et gestion de parcours au Sahel, implications pour le developpement. Comptes-rendus d'un atelier régional ouest-africain sur le thème « la gestion des pâturages et les projets de développement : quelles perspectives ? », tenu du 2 au 6 octobre 2000 à Niamey, Niger. Beuren, Stuttgart, Allemagne: Verlag Grauer. [online] URL: Abstracts. Comments: English title: "Livestock production and range management in the Sahel, implications for development". The whole book is hosted on the CBNRM Net website. All papers, together with other material, can be downloaded, in English and French.
- Bekhechi, Mohammed Abdelwahab. 2001. « Les Mécanismes Internationaux du financement du de la protection de l'environnement. » Reunion Mondiale de juristes et Associations de Droit de l'Environnement « Rio+10 », Limoges, 9-11 Novembre 2001.
- Shine, Tara. 2002. « An integrated investigation of the ephemeral wetlands of eastern Mauritania and recommendations for management. » Ph.D. Thesis. Coleraine, Northern Ireland: School of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Ulster. Comments: Tara is a member of TFT's Advisory Committee).
- Jamar, Steven D. 2001. The human right of access to legal information: Using technology to advance transparency and the rule of law. Global Jurist Topics, vol. 1, issue 2, article 6.
- Hoben, Allen, Pauline Peters, and Dianne Rocheleau. 1996. Participation and development assistance in Africa. Policy Brief #3, September 1996. Comments: This is a World Resources Institute (WRI) publication, and is an initiative between U.S. Agency for International Development and WRI. [online] URL: Participation and development assistance in Africa.
- Aldendorfer, Mark and Maschner, Herbert D. G. 1996. Anthropology, space, and geographic information systems. New York, United States: Oxford University Press.
- Aberley, Doug, ed. 1993. Boundaries of home. Mapping for local empowerment. Gabriola Island, British Colombia, Canada: New Society Publishers.
- Goodchild, Michael F. n.d. "New horizons for the social sciences: Geographic information systems." Draft. Center for Spatially Integrated Social Science (CSISS). [online] URL: CSISS. Comments: The paper is possibly not available on the CSISS website.
- Monmonier, Mark. 1993. Mapping it out. Expository cartography for the humanities and social sciences. Chicago, United States: University of Chicago Press.
- Puginier, Oliver. 2001. "Can participatory land use planning at community level in the highlands of northern Thailand use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) as a communication tool?" Paper presented at the International workshop 'Participatory technology development and local knowledge for sustainable land use in southeast Asia', Chiang Mai, Thailand, 6-7 June 2001. Email: Oliver Puginier. [online] URL: Participatory land use planning.
- Rambaldi, Giacomo and Callosa-Tarr, Jasmin. 2002. Participatory 3-dimensional modeling: Guiding principles and applications. Los Baãos, Philippines: ASEAN Regional Centre for Biodiversity Conservation (ARCBC). URL: Participatory 3-D M. Comments: The URL contains some advantages and applications of participatory 3-dimensional modeling. See Page Links for websites on community-mapping.